The maintenance will be finished on Thursday (September 2).
Monday, August 30, 2010
National Library of China began its maintenance of the Aleph500 system last Sunday. The purpose of the maintenance is to update all records in the subject database with data from the 2nd edition of the Classified Chinese Thesaurus, and make batch changes of corresponding subject fields of the bibliographic records.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Fifth Edition of Chinese Library Classification published today by National Library of China Publishing House.
Please see the following details in Chinese:
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
National Library of China (NLC) began submitting bibliographic records for monographs in Western languages to OCLC.
Since the signing of the agreement between NLC and OCLC in 2008, NLC has submitted 2.3 million bibliographic records for Chinese monographs to OCLC WorldCat database.
NLC began to use OCLC Resource Sharing platform for interlibrary lending early this year.
In August 2010, NLC submitted about 1 million bibliographic records for Western languages to OCLC to be uploaded to WorldCat database. Some NLC holdings are already displayed in OCLC records.
The batch conversion and uploading work is done by Online Library Cataloging Center (OLCC) under National Library of China.
I am very glad, because I am the director of OLCC, which is a Chinese counterpart of OCLC.
Friday, August 13, 2010
The fifth edition of Chinese Library Classification (CLC) is to be published next month by National Library of China Publishing House.
First published in 1975, CLC is revised regularly, with the editorial office hosted by National Library of China.
The last edition (fourth edition) was published 11 years ago in 1999.
The revision work of CLC began in 2007, with the editorial board consisting of experts from all around China.
In January 2008, the editorial office (5 full-time staff) became one section of my department, i.e. Chinese Acquisitions & Cataloging Department.
I am very glad that CLC5 will be published very soon. It will be an important event in Chinese library community.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
I organized 9 volunteers for the Chinese translation of IFLA papers for Cataloguing, Bibliography and UNIMARC sessions. They have been uploaded to the IFLA websites at the following address:
with the following details:
- Using relator codes in connection with accesspoints instead of quoting statements of responsibility - the Danish implementation / HANNE HØRL HANSEN (DBC, Copenhagen, Denmark) = 与检索点一起使用责任方式代码而不引用责任说明——丹麦的实践 / 中文翻译：王彦侨（中国国家图书馆）
- Bibliographischer und universeller Zugriff: Schriftliche historische Quellen und Werke der fiktionalen Literatur in FRBR / FRANK FÖRSTER (Christian-Albrechts-Universität Kiel, Kiel, Germany) = 书目和普遍获取：史料和虚构作品的FRBRoo应用 / 中文翻译：王璐（中国国家图书馆）
- Identifiers: bridging language barriers / JAN PISANSKI and MAJA ŽUMER (University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia) and TROND AALBERG (University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway) = 标识符：跨越语言的障碍 / 中文翻译：陈宁（中国国家图书馆）
- Incorporating multilingual bibliographic records into library databases: the case of Lesotho / 'MABAFOKENG MAKARA (National University of Lesotho, Maseru, Lesotho) = 把多语言书目记录并入图书馆数据库：以莱索托为例 / 中文翻译：刘雅（中国国家图书馆）
- 书目组(Bibliography Section)
- Bibliography of Serbia - free online edition / VESNA INJAC (National Library of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia) = 塞尔维亚书目——免费联机版本 / 中文翻译：刘伟（中国国家图书馆）
- Content analysis of open access manuscripts in National Library and Archives of Islamic Republic of Iran (NLAI) / FATHOLLAH KESHAVARZ, SAEEDEH AKBARI-DARYAN and AFSANEH TEYMOURIKHANI (National Library and Archives of Islamic Republic of Iran, Tehran, Iran) = 开放存取手稿的内容分析——以伊朗伊斯兰共和国国家图书与档案馆为例 / 中文翻译：吴晓静（中国国家图书馆）
- PDF, CSV, RSS and other acronyms: redefining the bibliographic services in the German National Library / LARS G. SVENSSON and YVONNE JAHNS (Deutsche Nationalbibliothek, Frankfurt, Germany) = PDF，CSV，RSS和其他缩略词：重新定义德国国家图书馆的书目服务 / 中文翻译：中文翻译：朱青青（中国国家图书馆）
- Open access to national bibliography: Polish approach / MAGDALENA KRYNICKA (National Library of Poland, Warsaw, Poland) = 开放存取国家书目——以波兰为例 / 中文翻译：刘佳（中国科学院国家科学图书馆）
- UNIMARC in The European Library and related projects / NUNO FREIRE (National Library of Portugal, Lisbon, Portugal) = 欧洲图书馆和相关项目中的UNIMARC / 中文翻译：李恺（首都图书馆，北京）