Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Translators for IFLA Express and simultaneous interpreters and also very tired. It is not easy for these young girls to do so much work in a short period of time. Since they have done it for several IFLA conferences and have got experiences, I do not have to spend to much time in taking care of them.
Today is the last of the conference, and I will finish my meetings at about 7 o'clock in the evening.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Although there are are volunteers outside meeting rooms, I sometimes find it difficult to ask for more chairs.
At first, there was no free water in meeting rooms, but since the second day, we are very happy to have it. In the first day immediately after the Opening Ceremony, we were very surprised to have a free lunch, which we had never had before.
I would like to mention specially that MASSIMO GENTILI-TEDESCHI (Biblioteca Nazionale Braidense, Ufficio Ricerca Fondi Musicali, Milan, Italy) presentation is very interesting. The paper can be found at the following site:
Massimo did not use any PPT file, but show the audience with the website containing his presentation:
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
There were about 3000 participants, including 600 staff of National Library of China.
REN Jiyu was Director of National Library of China (1987-2005) and Honorary Director of National Library of China (2005-2009). He is a notable scholar in Chinese philosophy, especially in Buddhist research.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
- ISBD的新进展 / 吴晓静（国家图书馆） 翻译 = News of ISBD / ELENA ESCOLANO RODRIGUEZ (Biblioteca Nacional de España, Madrid, Spain), LYNNE HOWARTH (University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada), MIRNA WILLER (University of Zadar, Zadar, Croatia), BORIS BOSAČIĆ (University of J.J. Strossmayer, Osijek, Croatia)
- 新的意大利编目规则和新的意大利音乐编目细则 / 王璐（国家图书馆） 翻译 =New Italian cataloguing code and new rules for music cataloguing in Italy / ALBERTO PETRUCCIANI (Università degli studi di Pisa, Pisa, Italy) and MASSIMO GENTILI TEDESCHI (Ufficio Ricerca Fondi Musicali, Milan, Italy)
- 每位读者有其书，每本书有其题名(和作者)：新的意大利编目规则 / 王璐（国家图书馆） 翻译 = (REICATA)Every reader his work, every work its title (& author): the new Italian cataloguing code / ALBERTO PETRUCCIANI (Università degli studi di Pisa, Pisa, Italy)
- 意大利音乐：一种卓越遗产的编目和编目细则 / 王璐（国家图书馆） 翻译 = Music in Italy: catalogues and cataloguing rules for an extraordinary heritage / MASSIMO GENTILI-TEDESCHI (Biblioteca Nazionale Braidense, Ufficio Ricerca Fondi Musicali, Milan, Italy)
- 分享《文化对象编目》使用经验：为文化遗产界制订编目操作规范 / 陈宁（国家图书馆） 翻译 = Cataloguing Cultural Objects / ELISA LANZI (Smith College, Northampton, USA)
- 波斯书目界相关作品的标识和分类：FRBR解决方案 / 郭建平（国家图书馆） 翻译 = Identification and categorization of related works in the Persion bibliographic universe / SHOLEH ARASTOOPOR and RAHMATOLLA FATTAHI (Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran)
- 书目组(Bibliography Section)
- 意大利国家书目服务(SBN)：合作的图书馆服务架构和书目控制 / 廖永霞（国家图书馆） 翻译 = The Italian National Library Service (SBN): a cooperative library service infrastructure and the Bibliographic Control / GABRIELLA CONTARDI (Instituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico delle Biblioteche Italiane e per le informatzioni Bibliografiche, Rome, Italy)
- 文化遗产的数字化与书目存取方法和组织：立陶宛的解决之道 / 杨熙（国家图书馆） 翻译 = Methodological and organisational aspects of digitisation and bibliographic access of cultural heritage: the Lithuanian approach / REGINA VARNIENE-JANSSEN (National Library of Lithuania, Vilnius, Lithuania)
- FRBR化：前景光明的国家书目 / 蔡成普 翻译 = Frbrisation: towards a bright future for National Bibliographies / JAN PSANSKI, MAJA ZUMER (University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia) and TROND AALBERG (Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway)
- 印度国家书目的50年述评(1958-2008) / 高红（华东师范大学图书馆）翻译 = 50 years of Indian National Bibliography: a critical study / MAITRAYEE GHOSH (Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India)
- 分类和标引组(Classification and Indexing Section)
- 意大利的主题标引：最近进展和未来展望 / 刘华梅（国家图书馆） 翻译 = Subject indexing in Italy: recent advances and future perspectives / ANNA LUCARELLI, FEDERICA PARADISI (Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze, Florence, Italy) and ALBERTO CHETI (Research Group on Subject Indexing of the Italian Library (GRIS), Italy)
- UNIMARC手册（规范格式）第三版：FRAD模型和IME ICC国际编目原则声明中概念的实施 / 顾犇（国家图书馆） 翻译 = Third edition of UNIMARC Manual: Authorities Format: Implementing concepts from the FRAD model and the IME ICC Statement of International Cataloguing Principles / MIRNA WILLER (University of Zadar, Zadar, Croatia)
- UNIMARC、RDA和语义网 / 郑晓雯 翻译 = UNIMARC, RDA and the Semantic Web / GORDON DUNSIRE (University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland)
- 新的意大利编目规则(REICAT)和UNIMARC标准：图书馆目录中应用的问题和建议 / 韩玲 翻译 = The new Italian Cataloguing Rules (REICAT) and the UNIMARC standard: open problems and proposals for the application in library catalogues / ANTONELLA TROMBONE (Universita' degli Studi della Basilicata, Potenza, Italy) and FERNANDA CANEPA (Berio Library, Genoa, Italy)
Friday, July 10, 2009
Prof. Ren was a famous philosopher, and used to be the Director (1987-2005) and Honorary Director (2005-2009) of National Library of China.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
As a component of the Chinese Acquisitions & Cataloging Department, National Library of China, OLCC, another name of the department, was founded in 1998. The mission of OLCC is to provide bibliographic records to Chinese libraries, and provide cataloging training services.
OLCC has 1000 users, 500 members and 13 subcenters.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
Chair of the Professional Committee:
Chief of Classification and IndexingSwiss National LibraryHallwylstrasse 153003 BERNSwitzerland
Chair of Division I – Library Types:
Associate Director, Center for Global Studies, University of Illinois302 East John, Suite 1705CHAMPAIGN, IL 61820 MC-428United States
Chair of Division II – Library Collections:
Associate University Librarian for Collections & International ProgramsYale University LibrarySterling Memorial Library - 116B130 Wall Street NEW HAVEN, CT 06520United States
Chair of Division III – Library Services:
Senior Lecturer, Library and Information ScienceWayne State University106 KresgeDetroit, MI 48202United States
Chair of Division IV – Support of the Profession:
Executive Secretary, Oxford University Library ServicesClarendon Building, Bodleian LibraryOxford OX1 3BG
Chair of Division V – Regions:
Buhle Mbambo-ThataExecutive DirectorUNISA, Library ServicesP.O. Box 392PRETORIA 0003 South Africa
The voting of Standing Committee members of sections are in progress. As to the Cataloguing Section, there are 7 vacancies and 14 nominations. We are waiting for the final results after May 13.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
The choir consists of 16 members under the leadership of Dr. J. Weldon Norris.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
It reminds me of the 1980s of idealism when China just began to be open to the outside world. It can be called an enlightenment period after the Cultural Revolution (1966-1976). I studied at Fudan from 1980 to 1987 for my bachelor's and master's degree. I was deeply influenced by the campus culture of Fudan, which is sometimes mislabeled with "petit bourgeoisie".
Saturday, March 7, 2009
I am very glad that I can join this meeting and see many friends. However, most alumni are graduates in the 1990s and 2000s, and I was very old among them.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
IFLA Chinese Language Centre established at the National Library of China, Beijing
In February 2009 the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) and the National Library of China (NLC) in Beijing signed a cooperation agreement by which NLC received a status of IFLA Chinese Language Centre. It can now be seen as a permanent representative of IFLA/HQ for the Chinese speaking community, as well as the other way around: it is hoped that IFLA/HQ will get improved access to Chinese speaking library and information professionals.
The IFLA Chinese Language Centre will promote IFLA, support IFLA’s Asia and Oceania Section as well as other relevant IFLA professional bodies and liaise with IFLA/HQ. Among the priorities of the Centre are:
1. Active membership recruitment. This will be conducted with the help of national or other association members and/or national libraries. Institutions and associations (including specialist and state associations) within the Chinese language community will be actively encouraged to join IFLA.
2. (Co-) organising regional IFLA events. These will be co-organised with IFLA/HQ, and/or with IFLA professional units (Sections and Core Activities). This activity includes seeking sources for funding of IFLA projects.
3. Seek involvement in local or regional professional events to gain support within the Chinese language community, trying to get IFLA “branding” of local or regional events.
4. Contribute to more effective communication within the Chinese language community and with the IFLA bodies involved. These activities include the publication of newsletters, translations of key IFLA documents and publications and the production of a Chinese translation of IFLA Express during IFLA’s annual congresses.
5. Representing IFLA in the Chinese language community, in a pursuit to make IFLA more visible in that community, promoting IFLA goals, principles and core values.
6. Translation of key IFLA documents, guidelines, press-releases, papers prepared for the Assembly Meetings etc.
For further information about the Centre and its activities please contact
Mr. Yan Xiangdong
Email address: email@example.com
The Hague/Beijing, March 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
During the meeting, the Chinese Acquisitions & Cataloging Department (I am the director of the department) received two awards respectively for the excellent services of the Online Library Cataloging Center and for the innovative services though the cooperation of Chinese bibliographic records uploaded to OCLC's WorldCat.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Opening Ceremony 开幕式（8:30—9:00）
Moderator: Sun Tan，Director, Information Resources Section of Society of Science and Technology Information of China; Deputy Director, Researcher, National Science Library, Chinese Academy of Sciences
主持人：孙 坦 中国科技情报学会信息资源专来委员会主任
Welcoming Remarks from
Library Society of China
Acquisition and Collection Development Section of IFLA
Collection Development and Sharing Section, Library Society of China
国际图联资源采访与建设专业委员会主席Lynn F. Sipe致辞
The Changing Collections for eScience: What That Means for Libraries?（9:00--9:20）
Julia GELFAND,Library of University of California, Irvine, USA
Comments (question and translation) 提问（9:20 - 9:30）
JULAP: Juba University Library Automation Project（9:30 - 9:50）
Ole Gunnar Evensen,University of Bergen Library, Norway
Ole Gunnar Evensen，挪威卑尔根大学图书馆
Comments(question and translation) 提问（9:50 - 10:00）
Coffee Break 茶歇（10:00-10:20）
Digitizing Collections at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill（10:20-10:40）
Nadia Zilper, Library of University of North Carolina at ChapelHill, USA
Nadia Zilper，美国北卡罗来纳大学Chapel Hill分校图书馆
Comments(question and translation) 提问（10:40-10:50）
Promoting the Chinese Scientific Innovation to the World----Chinese Science Citation Database on the platform of ISI Web of Knowledge（10:50-11:10）
推动中国科学创新走向世界--ISI Web of Knowledge 平台上的中国科学引文数据库（CSCD）
YUE Weiping，Thomson Reuters
Comments(question and translation) 提问（11:10-11:20）
Discussion(translation included) 交流讨论（11:20-11:50）
Moderator: CHU Jingli, Head of Subject Librarian Services Department, National Science Library, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Development of Digital Resources in CAS（13:30--14:00）
ZHAO Yan, Associate Research Librarian, National Science Library, Chinese Academy of Sciences
The Cooperative Collection Development of Academic Libraries in China（14:00—14:30）
XIAO Long, Deputy Director, CALIS National Information Center in Science, Social Science and Humanities
YAO Xiaoxia, Vice Secretary General, CALIS Management Center
Chinese Resource Development in National Library of China（14:30—15:00）
GU Ben, Director, Chinese Acquisitions & Cataloging Department, National Library of China
The Digital Resource and Service of Library of Academy of Social Sciences of China（15:00—15:30）
JIANG Ying, Deputy Director, Library of Academy of Social Sciences of China
Coffee Break 茶歇（15:30--15:50）
Moderator: LIU Xiwen，Head of Operational Office, National Science Library, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Closing Ceremony 闭幕式
Monday, February 23, 2009
Before then, I put the Chinese translation on my personal website at the following address:
to promote its distribution according the resolution of IME ICC (at the last page of the text).
The results of the study will provide supporting materials for the drafting of the above-mentioned regulation and law in late this year.
Monday, February 16, 2009
During the meeting, participants will discuss the work plan for the year 2009 and the future development strategies for the next five years.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
I was born in 1961, also the Year of Ox, and the next year will be my year.
I am in Shanghai to spend the holiday with my mother, who is suffering from lung cancer. I hope the next year will be a good start for me.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
LIN Ming, Peking University Library
WANG Shaoping, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Libraries
LIU Suqing, Peking University Library
I would like to express my sincere thanks to them for the work for the international cataloging community. This work is very important for the internationalization of Chinese library cataloging. I hope the Chinese versions will be released and published very soon.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
The Annual Awards of Chinese Book Industry is co-sponsored by China Publishers and Sina Books, and includes awards for publishers, distributors, planners, authors, libraries and books.
Innovation is one of the most important criteria for the section of the candidates. National Library of China opened its new building in September 2008, and provides many new services throught the application of high technologies, such as wireless LAN, RFID, portable electronic reader, mobile phone service, etc.
Monday, January 5, 2009
- ► 2014 (23)
- ► 2012 (23)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (40)
- ▼ December (3)
- ► November (5)
- ► October (7)
- National Day Celebrations
- Beijing Subway Line 4 opened yesterday
- New Academic Research Committee of the Library Soc...
- The 34th Meeting of Directors of ISSN National Cen...
- Discussion of Cataloging Rules in Forbidden City
- Meeting of Directors of ISSN National Centres begi...
- NLC Staff got IFLA/OCLC Early Career Development F...
- Jay Jordan spoke at NLC
- NLC centennial celebration held yeserday
- NLC hosts welcoming dinner for guests
- English "Annual Review of Library Science in China...
- 8th NLC Art Festival held today
- ► August (6)
- ► July (4)
- ► May (3)
- ► April (5)
- ► March (7)
- ► February (6)
- ► 2008 (69)