In the afternoon, we visited the Forbidden City. Standing before the Hall of Preserving Harmony, Françoise Pellé, Director of the ISSN International Centre, said that it is the best place for us to discuss the harmonization of different cataloging rules, because we have so many harmonies here - the Hall of Supreme Harmony, the Hall of Central Harmony and the Hall of Preserving Harmony. It is an interesting idea indeed!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Discussion of Cataloging Rules in Forbidden City
Yesterday, during the second day of the agenda of the Meeting of Directors of ISSN National Centres in Beijing, I gave a presentation about the special characteristics of major changes of titles for CJK serials. I summarized proposals from Chinese colleagues, ISBD Review Group, and CJK colleagues in ISBD RG. It seems that all participants understand the proposals very well. We will have to do further work in the next couple of months to consult all members of the ISSN Network.
- ► 2014 (23)
- ► 2012 (23)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (40)
- National Day Celebrations
- Beijing Subway Line 4 opened yesterday
- New Academic Research Committee of the Library Soc...
- The 34th Meeting of Directors of ISSN National Cen...
- Discussion of Cataloging Rules in Forbidden City
- Meeting of Directors of ISSN National Centres begi...
- NLC Staff got IFLA/OCLC Early Career Development F...
- Jay Jordan spoke at NLC
- NLC centennial celebration held yeserday
- NLC hosts welcoming dinner for guests
- English "Annual Review of Library Science in China...
- 8th NLC Art Festival held today
- ▼ September (12)
- ► 2008 (69)